23 October 2010

Halloween mantle



They have been busy adding decorations around the house for the Halloween party, which is next weekend. Last Sun, they set up bats around the mantle and other items on it. I think we should have a few large spiders scattered around the house too.

Last weekend I worked on the memorial stepping stone for my mother. The concrete stone came out of the cake mold with some difficulty. I had to saw through the side to open it up. After that I could place and glue the glass gems on it. They fill the space, but there is still room for the name plaque. I was planning to add the mortar this weekend, but it's wet and rainy.

I worked on a crochet project for my wife yesterday evening. It's to be a surprise present, but I need to get it done soon, so I can start on that shawl. Apparently crocheting gives me golfer's elbow, so crochet has to be done in smaller doses than yesterday's session, which had breaks, but still.

2 comments:

  1. love the fire mantle very spooky, spiders would look cool too- i suggest putting then in the bathroom :P
    hope the elbow will ease soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decorations are looking very cool, great to hear the memorial is going well too! Sounds pretty tricky!

    ReplyDelete