29 October 2010

rain and pain

I took yesterday off to help burn off some vacation hours and to be available to sell the exercise equipment I have had listed on craigslist for three weeks now.

This guy was the fourth one during those weeks who made an appointment to come pick it up. He was also the fourth to not show up. If I had limited vacation time and had to wrestle with schedules to take the day off, I would have reason to be upset, but as it was, it was just another no show.

I did download some more Halloween music and scary sounds to use as background music for the party tomorrow. I'm not sure how the music fits into the party because people will be mingling and there are some games planned, so the music will get in the way of that communication.

My wife made a bat pinata recently and had plans to do that outside. Today it's raining and it's supposed to off and on tomorrow too. We will see how that goes.

I poured grout for the stepping stone yesterday too. It looks like it was planned. I hope the glass gems are in there solidly and won't come out. The thing is heavy being a chunk of concrete 5cm thick and 30cm in diameter. One day, soon, now that it's nearly finished, I'll have to mail it to my father, then I will be done with this little project.

My wife wanted me to go with on a little shopping trip, so I didn't get much done on the crocheted slippers I'm doing for her as a present. In the evening I made a start on the next project, that shawl for her relative. The annoying part is that I could get more done if my elbow didn't flare up whenever I get any crochet done. I must have acquired a bad holding habit and I have to change, because I didn't have this problem in the first six months of crocheting. If I do it every other day for a little while, the pain seems to go away in between sessions.

Another factor is that I've been doing more forearm work in the "gym", so that may be another issue, but I have been making zero progress on that front too. No progress on any of my lifts. I might not be pushing hard enough, but at the same time, some guidelines I've read say to not push harder than I am to allow the central nervous system time to recover between sessions. The CNS takes longer than the muscles if pushed too much. No progress is frustrating, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment