20 February 2011

stitches

We all went to Stitches West yesterday. It was primarily a shopping trip because I hadn't registered for any classes. The event is primarily for knitters, so most of the classes and vendors cater to "them". I bought an ergonomic hook set and a wooden hook to experiment. My wife bought some sewing notions and stuff. Our daughter bought some beads for jewelry making.

The Ravelry crew was there for a "meet and greet" and I spent some time talking with Casey. He and his wife founded the web site / company and he's been doing the web programming ever since. It was good to meet and talk with him. I shooed myself away because there were other people milling around who wanted to meet and take pictures with him. I didn't, but did get a Ravelry button.

When we arrived home, I took out a crochet project I started at the end of Dec but haven't touched much. The shoulder problem I have written about and forearm pain before that has keep me from crocheting for a while now. It went fine yesterday. I hope the forearm tendinosis (from overuse, not tendinitis) was due to too much forearm exercise. If I have identified the cause correctly, the overuse issue should be resolved because I've changed my exercise program.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a nice day, what was Casey like? hope your shoulder starts feeling better

    ReplyDelete