26 February 2011

training course

Wed-Fri this week at work was taken up by a software training course. Not sure if I'll actually use the software because it's not part of what I do, that is, not required for the tasks for the projects, but one of my "supervisors" thought it was a good class to take. One of the tools to help with this software is Blender, which I have been learning, so that crossover would be good if it ends up that I use both.

Blender is not something I've had to use before either, but some visualization work ended up on my plate, so I did some of the online tutorials.

Upper-body weight training has been okay this week, but using very light weights compared to Dec, before the cross-country skiing spills and its shoulder injuries. Shoulders have hardly improved. Thumb is a bit better. Very slow. I've mentioned that the shoulders hurt in different ways. I did pushups as part of circuit training again. They cause pain in my left shoulder. Someone suggested I try dips because they have a different movement pattern. Dips cause pain in my right shoulder.

When I went to the doc about these things a few weeks ago, he said to call back if they didn't improve by now. "Improve" is a relative term. There has been a little, but not much. If I take pain relievers then that knocks it out, but the label says to only take up to ten days. It's been more than that, so I haven't taken any in a while.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brad- sorry to hear that your still suffering from the fall - I wish you a speedy recovery :)

    ReplyDelete