07 March 2011

shots

Went to the doc this morning. At home now waiting for traffic to dissipate before driving to work. He gave me a shot in each shoulder (different places). He says to give it two weeks and see how they feel. They might be sore later today and no shoulder work for a few days.

My wife and our daughter went cross-country skiing over the weekend with another mother-daughter pair. They didn't go on "that hill" where I spilled and had a good time on their road trip. I did a little gardening (removed the bulk of a vine that was taking over the fence) and the usual weekend chores (house cleaning, laundry, buying chicken feed and other fun stuff).

Also read some in the book I've been reading, "Ringworld's Children". I read "Ringworld" many years ago, which I liked, and "Ringworld Engineers" later, which wasn't as good but interesting because of the background information of the ring. "Ringworld's Children" is better now that I'm 2/3 into it, but it's still an odd book because it's not a story. The characters are just ... having adventures as they go with no rhyme or reason with little character development or motives for doing what they're doing. In the beginning it was very confusing because there was no set up, they just started going, now that I'm in it, I've accepted that situation of the writing, but still have no idea what's the point of it all. The interesting part for me is still design of the ring and their interaction with it, but it's funky because it's made up as they go along.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the shots the doc gave you will heal your shoulders man. And btw I think skiing is cool, I have never tried it.

    ReplyDelete