12 November 2010

97%

We recently finished watching the series (the pilot and six episodes) of "The #1 Ladies Detective Agency". They are quite good. In them, the main character is Mma Precious Ramotswe, the first female private investigator in Botswana, and her assistant is Mma Grace Makutsi. Makutsi graduated from secretarial school with a 97% standing, the highest in the school’s history. She often reminds people of this.

Last week Friday I strained my back somehow doing deadlifts. The warm ups went fine, but did something wrong on that first working set. I continued through the rest of the work out, but my lower back was painful over the weekend. Today was back day again, 97%.

I've been thinking lately about being realistic and goals. I've been trying to push for two years, apparently not hard enough, for good progress. I'm not going at it to compete or improve in sports, so perhaps I should just focus on the long-term fight against sarcopenia and be happy if I have any gains against that. You could say that pushing 97% instead of 100% is enough in that case, except what I'm doing is probably more like 90%, I just don’t know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment