13 November 2010

molting and snatching

Our older chicken is molting now. A lot. She has about one quarter of her feathers left. It's been cool at night, so now is a bad time to do it. It's triggered by the short days, but with them come colder weather.

This morning I looked up chicken sweaters because my wife was concerned about the chicken getting cold, so she made one. It's an hourglass with a neck hole at the narrow part and velcro on the sides at the wide ends. She doesn't much like wearing it, but my wife thinks it will keep her warm at night.

This morning at weightlifting class we did snatches. It's a movement that requires timing, so athletic ability and coordination. I suck at it. It was not a fun class, but something I need to practice if I'm going to snatch.

1 comment:

  1. oh I must see this chicken in its sweater! please post a picture - what a kind and thoughtful wife you have! hope your back ache is easing up

    ReplyDelete