08 November 2010

drawing

My wife was out of town for a scrapbooking retreat/workshop over the weekend. I took Friday off work and we met our daughter at school when they returned from camp. The sixth graders had a week-long sleep-away camp for outdoor education. It was like a summer camp, but more focused on learning about nature with the teachers and camp naturalists there.

After her experience with a girl-scout camp over the summer, she was NOT looking forward to this. When she returned, she was feeling much better about it because they had a great time, which is good because she would never want to go on another one if this had went badly.

The wife left a few hours later, Fri afternoon, and didn't return until Sun evening. It wasn't a big deal, but I somehow strained my back doing deadlifts on Fri morning. I thought I would workout in the morning because I was home and that would free up the afternoon to be with our daughter. That part was fine, but my lower back ached all weekend. I don't know what I did to tweak it, because the weight wasn't the most I've done or anything. It's improved somewhat by today. Deadlifts are on Fridays, so there's time for it to heal before it's "a problem", but it probably interfere with other workouts this week.

We managed to do a few errands and I did the usual weekend housework (cleaning, laundry, dishes, etc.), but the latter set was uncomfortable. The worst part was scrubbing up dried cat poop around the kitchen floor Sun morning. Did I mention the pain was the worst in the morning?

Our daughter was interested in looking at the birds in the backyard and checking them against this foldable, laminated sheet of bird pictures we have had for years, well, and the planes flying past in the middle distance, with this small pair of binoculars we've also had. That led to drawing those birds from pictures that I printed from the web. It's been a while since I've done any sketching. I'm' kind of out of practice, not that I'm any good. Takes time to practice.

My wife made a nice scrapbook. She didn't finish everything she wanted to add to it over the weekend and it has room for expansion too.

No comments:

Post a Comment