31 July 2010

boxes arrived

The boxes I sent from my parents' town arrived yesterday, as expected. Two boxes of books, a few art pieces, some embroidered kitchen towels (my wife insisted), and two crocheted doilies. The boxes were mostly a set of hardback, Time-Life "The World Of..." different artists, plus a few paperbacks.

I'm not a doily fan and have no plans to make any, but she apparently made a number of them, so I sent home a sample. She didn't have a stash of yarn, but had a stash of crochet thread. I brought home a few of those spools.


One of her pansy doilies. She had a number of pansies in a bucket that were apparently intended for another one.


She had apparently recently started an afghan too, but I don't know what her plans were for it. All I know is there was one skein of a purple, lavender, blue, green, and yellow colorway attached to a a swatch. She was fond of rainbow color schemes and the only things missing in this yarn are red and orange. After looking around I figured out that it is a partial block for an afghan, but it's a "Mix and Match" from "Vanna's A to Z Afghans" book. I don't know if the afghan was intended for her or a gift, but she liked those colors, so maybe it was for herself. I was thinking about finishing it and when one of my aunts saw it, she asked me the same question, sooo I brought it home. She had a few afghans in the house, and I thought about bringing one home, but they are blankets: they are large and our space is limited.

1 comment:

  1. what lovelt keepsakes to have - I love the doily and just showed my husband - your mom had a real eye for colour

    ReplyDelete