31 July 2010

deadlifts

Yesterday's workout contained deadlifts. At the gym last week, everything seemed heavy with that gym's barbells, including deadlifts, so I didn't up the weight (from 225lb) here at home. There, my back was sore afterward, but I know my form was not so good (leaning over too much). Last evening, deadlifts with that weight went fine, but I think I kept better form. When I do that, deadlifts seem easier.

I'm also thinking that I need to weight my bar and verify that it's actually a normal, 45-lb Olympic bar.

Need to look up if I should be doing reps of clean (lifting from ground to head level) and press or clean and then reps of press. The latter is more work so is perhaps better overall, but is it worthwhile to do the multiple reps of the clean part?

No comments:

Post a Comment