30 July 2010

yarn dying results

Before we fixed the TV antenna connector and put it back up, I pulled the pictures from my mobile while my wife took our daughter to a class. After the antenna was back up, we checked out the problem channels and the reception was fine, so we turned off the TV, I pulled out the shawl I'm crocheting for her, and we sat and talked.

In an earlier post, I mentioned a Kool Aid yarn dying party. a few of the pictures were from that. Most of us made two hanks that day.


The first was a blue variegated one from some blue raspberry, which was a milky blue. The yarn absorbed the color quickly. We found that if we didn't mix the yarn around in the bowls, then the quick process made variegated yarn, which most were pleased with.


I wanted my second one to be green, but there wasn't any lime left. This green hank was someone else's. My second was actually red and purple. I brought black cherry, which was a dark, burgundy, red and used a supplied blue for the other one.

I don't know what I'm going to do with either. They are each only 220yards, so not a lot of options.

1 comment: