29 July 2010

TV antenna

Yesterday evening my wife and I went up on the roof to rotate the TV antenna because we have been having poor reception with a couple channels. She had her mobile phone and I had the tools. Our daughter had her mobile in front of the TV.

Once on the roof the reception was okay off and on, so turning it didn't help, but then I noticed the broken cable on the 300-to-75-ohm matching transformer. It's an old antenna so it needs one and it needs a new one. Off to the local warehouse hardware store. They don't sell something that archaic. When I returned home, I found that it is available online. My wife is going to check a different store today. If they don't have it, I'll have to order one. No TV until this is fixed. We don't watch much, so it's not a big deal, but it would be nice if it worked.

The work week has been going okay. I've been a little distracted, but it's getting better. Aside from crying immediately after the memorial service, I have just been getting a little teary eyed (with runny nose) when I think about my mother, but not as much.

1 comment:

  1. I always feel its in the time after the funeral / service that the loss hits home more, although I dont know how you are feeling as both my parents are still here, I did loose two brothers so my thoughts are with you, M, and V

    ReplyDelete