08 August 2010

biking

The wife and went for a bicycle ride yesterday. I think it's been about a year, but it was a good afternoon for it. The day was sunny, though otherwise cool. There was a nice breeze and not much traffic on the side streets we followed, so we had a good ride. We stopped at the fabric store for a skein of green yarn to complete the collection for the multi-colored afghan, though I don't know how much yarn of each color that will take, I now have some of each color at least.

Anyway, for the weight lifting I do, my level of muscle strength doesn't carry over into biking. I thighs started burning after only a few miles. Sad. Out of shape. My breathing was fine, so maybe my cardiovascular work is okay, but just had muscle burning.

The kid comes home this afternoon. The kids were bussed to the camp from another city, so we have to go there to pick her up again. I wrote about the note she sent. She sent another one since then. The second was mostly focused on how much she missed us and wanted to come home, NOW, and never wants to do a sleep-away camp again.

No comments:

Post a Comment