06 August 2010

references

I receive weekly notices of job postings from Careerbuilder. I followed one link this morning and started filling out the online application. When I made it to the provide three references box, I realized I just wasted my time. Until a company has expressed some interest in hiring a person, they have no reason to ask for that level of information. I'm not going to put people on notice that someone from a company might be contacting them unless the company is serious.

Not much else going on. The kid is still at camp. We received a note in the mail from her. I was looking forward to it, but it was short. She didn't write too much about her experience, just a couple things they did, that it's fun, and she misses us. The "it's fun" part was good to know. Given how she hates to read and write, the lack of other content shouldn't have surprised me.

The shawl project in progress is stalled because I'm waiting for additional trim yarn in the mail. I may not finish it in time for the wife's birthday and haven't bought her anything else for the event. Bad husband. We have different ways of thinking about spending. I look at the amount of money I spent to visit with relatives and attend my mother's memorial and think that now I need to hold off on getting the squat rack I have been wanting to get. My wife thinks the trip was a necessary expense and I should still get the rack, so she probably thinks I should get her something nice for her bday TOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment