20 August 2010

interpretations

My father sent an email to my two sisters and me with a question. I replied to all directly to the point of the question, knowing that it could potentially hurt him. I then received an email from my brother in law filled with insults and hate, but in his pompous manner. He has spewed this way to me before, with no consideration of my point of view. I think the bottom line of his response was that I am emotionally simple minded, but would have to spend more time with a dictionary to be sure. I tend to think logically about things, but usually understand the emotional side as well.

After that, I sent another email to just my father explaining that I knew my answer had the potential to hurt, but didn't get into the BIL's "comments". He replied that it didn't and he clarified his question a bit. I understand his question better, but don't understand the BIL's response, when my answer did not hurt my father.

Summarizing the background and subject of the emails, my father believes that my mother effectively committed suicide when she did something that hurt him emotionally about ten years ago. The symptoms of her degenerative illness didn't show up until about seven years later and the consequences of the illness killed her three years after that. He sees that her action back then was unforgivable and she was punished for it.

I think that's delusional.

No comments:

Post a Comment