22 August 2010

fear

I'm been thinking about getting a new squat rack. The main reason I haven't is the cost. The minor reason I haven't is that I have to get rid of the old one, which means selling it or cutting it up into pieces that can go out in the trash. The second option is not so much an option as a last resort.

After reading these stories about people getting robbed or murdered when someone shows up at their houses to supposedly look at items they've listed for sale online, I wonder about our safety related to using an online listing. A used squat rack is not an expensive item and we don't have anything that I would consider theft worthy, so it's unlikely that someone would see that as an entry toward robbing us. It's sad that the world has come to the point where it happens frequently enough that it's a concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment