03 August 2010

no kid

With our daughter off at a sleep-away camp for the week, my wife and I have the house to ourselves. After the first day, we have found that things are not that different. We had a few errands to do yesterday evening and have to mess with the chickens, so by the time we were settled at home, there wasn't that much free time. We sat in the living room and talked while she read and sorted her mail and I did some crochet work on her shawl and soon it was bedtime.

The young chicken and the adult chicken don't get along yet, so have to be kept separate and supervised when out in the yard. The separate care has been annoying for some time and we are quite ready to move them into the coop together, but the big chicken insists on pecking (establishing pecking order).

I tried to read some of "Antony and Cleopatra", but couldn't concentrate when I wanted to go to sleep instead.

My workout in the afternoon was a squat day. I increased the weight to 200lb and tried to get to parallel on the reps, but didn't. I'm doing twelve-rep sets to keep the weight lighter, because I know I haven't difficulty sinking with heavier weights, so opted for more reps and lighter weight to encourage more depth. Going below parallel is not in the cards with my bad knee.

1 comment:

  1. How old is the young chicken? Hope they sort out their hierarchy soon. Our cats were the same...Hope the older of the two would tear shreads into Sora. This continued until Sora overtook her in size. Now they get on most of the time!

    ReplyDelete